For a change of pace today, I thought I’d share with you some YouTube videos about expats and their new homes. A quick YouTube search of “expat” turns up over 4,000 videos. As you’d expect, some are good, some are terrible and most are in between. Some are slick, commercially produced efforts, most are not. The ones I find most interesting are individuals who shares specifics about their new homes.
[ad#Google Adsense Double]
I’ve chosen 14 videos worth a look. We’ll come back to this from time to time, so please don’t think I’m ignoring large chunks of the world.
- Retire Early in Mexico
- Live, work and retire in Mexico. This video looks specifically at Merida, on the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Living in Mexico, Moving to Mexico and Retiring in Mexico. An American couple moves to San Miguel de Allende.
- A Retirement in Panama: Everything Under the Sun. This is a professionally created video by International Living.
- Ecuador – One Man’s Dream
- To Live in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Cuenca Day and Night
- Costa Rica Expat interviews w/Wayne
- The Expat Life: Dumpling 101 An adventure in Chinese cooking. This is a really cute video of a US expat in China trying to make Chinese dumplings, to his daughter’s disapproval.
- Life in Korea. The first month’s of a young American teacher’s adventures in Korea.
- Life as an Expat in Thailand: Getting a Job
- How to Live and Work as a Teacher in Thailand
- Why Malaysia? A British expat explains his reasons.
- Expat Women in Hong Kong Society. This video gives a glimpse of the down side of expatriation — what do you know when the society you’re living in doesn’t want to mingle with you?
[ad#Second Home In the sun]
Can you recommend other online videos worth watching about expats and expat destinations? Add your comment to share!