Part of the untethered expat life of necessity revolves around income. Somehow you need a way to support yourself. I’ve presented several professions you can practice from almost anywhere, but how do you know what will be a good fit for you? Face it, blogging probably won’t work for you if you hate to write. . . photography isn’t a good choice if you have vision problems. . . teaching isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
If your previous work experience doesn’t naturally lead you to something you can pursue wherever you are, you might want some help coming up with an idea.
I’ve just found an excellent program to help you do just that.
Discover Your Passion: A Step-by-Step Course for Creating the Life of Your Dreams is a new program introduced yesterday by life coach Barrie Davenport. She was kind enough to give me a preview copy of the course, and I am quite impressed.
The course promises to help you find your way out of whatever rut you’re in and achieve a fulfilling life which is fun, adventurous, peaceful, exciting, challenging, engaging and meaningful. While not designed with the expat in mind, it can help you make your life overseas more interesting, fun and profitable.
“In the search for my passion, I kept waiting for some magical sign that would enlighten me or point the way. That didn’t happen.
“What did happen was this: as I continued to uncover parts of myself, to define clearly who I was and what was important to me, my passion was revealed in the form of ‘Ah ha’ moments. I saw that the secret to finding my passion was first clearing away as many limitations as I could, and then following the trail all of those qualities that defined me.”
It’s a serious program, and following it will involve work on your part, no bones about it. But if you’re interested in expatriating and the niggling problem of how to support yourself is holding you back, this could be just the ticket.
Do any of these descriptions sound like you today?
- My life is pretty good, but something is missing. I don’t feel really enthusiastic about anything.
- I feel stuck where I am. I have no idea what I’m passionate about, and I don’t know how to get unstuck.
- I am too old to make any profound changes in my life. I better just accept the status quo and enjoy what I have, even if it’s not great.
- There are so many things I want to do, but I feel overwhelmed and don’t know how or where to start.
- I can’t stand my job, but I have a family to take care of. I can’t even begin to think about leaving my job in this economy.
- I want to make some changes in my life, but it’s scary. The fallout with friends, family and other people might be too great. And I might fail. Or I might make the wrong decision.
- I am ready to discover my passion. I want that feeling every day for the rest of my life and just need some help getting started and staying on track.
If so, you need to discover — or rediscover — your passion.
The program comprises seven modules:
- Your Personality
- Your Qualities
- Your Road Map
- Your Roadblocks
- Your Mindshifts
- Your Passion
- Your Plan
Each module requires some time, introspection and effort, so if you’re looking for a magic bullet this is not the program for you. But if you’re willing to do some self-examination, Discover Your Passion will help set you free to follow your overseas bliss.
Special Pre-Holiday Pricing
From now through December 19, Barrie is offering special holiday prices. In addition to the 115-page book, which includes 15 worksheets, you’ll receive the bonus book, The Bold Living Guide: 7 Key Ingredients for a Meaningful Life and a bonus checklist, Life 1010 Master Course. For a very modest fee, you can add some email coaching to the package, or some live, one-on-one telephone coaching.
Click here for more details.
I’m planning to set aside some time over the next couple of months to complete the program myself, and I’ll be encouraging my husband to do the same. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Once again, take advantage of the holiday special pricing from now to December 19. Here’s the link to get more information and order Discover Your Passion: A Step-by-Step Course for Creating the Life of Your Dreams.
Are you already an expat? How are you earning your living, and how did you decide on that path? Leave a comment below.