It’s been a while since I’ve done any kind of list, so I thought I’d give you a look today at some of the expat blogs I follow, and that you might find helpful, too.
[ad#Google Adsense Double]
- Empty Nest Expat. Currently living in Prague, the blogger describes herself as “an American expatriate bursting with enthusiasm to GET OUT AND EXPERIENCE OUR GLOBE! ”
- Living In the Sun. This is a website with four offshoot blogs, each dealing with a European/Mediterranean country. There’s one for France, Portugal, Spain and Greece.
- Soul Travelers 3. Two fifty-something parents and a nine-year old travel the world in “an epic odyssey: open-ended, years long slow trip around the world as a family adventure, unschool, spiritual journey and lifestyle.”
- Expat+Harem. A Berkely, CA native living in Istanbul with her Turkish husband.
- My Several Worlds. The author is a traveler and photographer. Originally from Ottawa, Canada, she currently lives and works in Taipei. Her site features gorgeous photos, as well as information about teaching English abroad.
- Career by Choice. Megan Fitzgerald helps expats develop their careers abroad.
- Traveling4Health. While not specifically an expat blog, this is a terrific resource for anyone interested in health care abroad.
- Mid-Atlantic English, the blog of an American who’s lived for an extended time in the UK.
- The Cranky Yank. This is the personal blog of Dan Prescher from International Living, and he always has a unique perspective.
Do you have a favorite expat blog? Share it by clicking on the Comment link below.
Thats a great list from a trusted source–and I’m truly honoured to be in the list, thank you. Im enjoying working my way through these sites!
Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels says
As a long-term expat, I always enjoy reading other expat blogs. I blog at Globetrotting in Heels but also recently created a Ning network for European Bloggers, ThisSideofthePond.ning.com, because I couldn’t find a place for EU bloggers to meet and connect.
Lake Lloyd says
Great photo blog by an interesting guy in Amsterdam…
Thanks for the link. Amsterdam photo blog from a perspective I don’t usually see. I’m loving all the new recommendations I’m getting here!
Megan Fitzgerald, Expat Career & Personal Branding Coach says
Many thanks for including me in this great list of blogs!
As always – thanks for providing great resources to the expat community,
I’m an expat who supports people through international and life transition by raising cultural and personal awareness – does that count? 🙂 I’d love to hear feedback, thank you!