Following in a more experienced person’s footsteps is a great way to learn something new, or to take the fear factor away from a scary new undertaking.
Sharing an expat’s experience with the process of relocating, or their life overseas, can teach some very useful lessons.
Here’s a list of expat and travel blogs and websites that are worth a look. To my surprise, I discovered it’s been about three months since the last one, so here’s a new list for 2012.
- My Life In Canada Under the Snow
- Gringos in Paradise (Mexico), for American expats in Mexico
- Anywhere in the World, expat entrepreneur from France
- The Road Less Traveled, American couple spend part of every year in Mexico in an RV or boat.
- Overseas Exile, American currently in Amsterdam.
- Far Away Hammer
- The Venice Experiment, American expats in Venice, Italy.
- Without Any Walls, expats in Germany.
- Gringos Abroad, a family of Canadians in Ecuador.
- Piglet in Portugal, writes a lot about food as well as other aspects of everyday expat life in Portugal.
- Nicaragua Dispatch. This is actually an online newspaper, but I found it well worth spending some time with.
- Expats in Italy
- The Zieglers Blog, expats in Canada
- A Little Adrift
- Travels of Adam
- Magic Travel Blog
- The Adventures of D
- How to Travel with Pets
- Fox Nomad
- Tech Guide for Travel
- Ramble Crunch, an American/Canadian family traveling through Europe and Turkey.
These are not your typical travel sites, but sites of people who spent most of their lives traveling.
Do you have a favorite expat or perpetual-travel blog you’d like to recommend? Leave a link in the Comments section!