The year 2010 is almost over. Will 2011 be the year you move to a new country?
I’m pretty sure it will be for me. The only reason I’m not 100% sure is because there are parts of the process that aren’t totally within my control.
Because of the financial beating we took during the economic meltdown of 2009, we have to sell our house before we move. The market is bad, but holding on and renting it out isn’t a viable option — the Central Florida economy is just too messy.
I’m trusting we can sell before the end of 2011, and when that happens, we’ll be on the move.
In the meantime, this website will continue to focus on what you need to help you prepare for your overseas move, and figure out how to support yourself in your new country.
Here’s some of what you’ll see here in 2011:
- A new look and feel. I’m redesigning the site, and it should be ready for prime time early in the New Year. It’ll be easier to navigate and more tightly focused.
- More information about preparing for the move.
- Lots of info about location-independent, untethered careers you can pursue to support your expat life.
- Ongoing tutorials about blogging. Most of you will need to earn an income after you move overseas, and blogging has great potential as a location-independent way to do just that. I’ll walk you through the technical process and provide lots of resources to help you learn faster.
- Health care overseas.
- More resources to help with the “how” of how to expatriate.
I invite your participation. You can get involved by:
- Commenting on articles. If you’re reading the article on the website, click the “comment” link. If you’re reading it in an e-mail, click the headline to go to the website article.
- Following on Twitter
- “Liking” on Facebook
- Connecting on LinkedIn
I hope your New Year brings all that you need.
Good luck to you in the new year.
Living in Vietnam says
Happy New Year ! Wish you success and luck in the new year. If you no plan for your holiday in new year, you can come Vietnam, Vietnam is a country hospitality where you will have chance discover new culture, ways of thinking, history, custom and life style. We always welcome you every time. Come, eat, go and live in Vietnam. You can visit us at add: Living in Vietnam