Last month I listed 9 Expat Blogs that I personally follow. Got such a great response I thought I’d add a few more. This list is focused on Central and South America, and I’ll add more recommendations later for other regions.
- Expat Alley. Tom Frost shares his expat knowledge and interviews other expats. Originally from Oregon, USA, Tom has lived in Japan, Mexico, Argentina and is currently establishing a farm in Uruguay.
- Flavors of Ecuador author Carrie explores Ecuadorian culture and history through one of my favorite media, food. Yummy pictures throughout! (Warning — when I’ve visited, the site has loaded rather slowly, but it’s worth the wait.)
- From LA to BA. Argentine native grew up in Los Angeles, then moved back to Buenos Aires.
- Balanced Melting Pot. Haitian national grew up in the US, then went back to Haiti and now lives and raises her family in Caracas, Venezuela.
- Living in Patagonia. US couple from Lake Tahoe moved to Patagonia, Argentina.
- 2 Gringos in the Caribbean. Couple moved, with their child and dog, from the northeast US to Turks & Caicos Islands.
- Yucatan Living. Online magazine for expats in the Yucatan, and for those considering the Yucatan as a destination for retiring, starting a business or owning a second home.
- Nomadas Globales Argentina. Intercultural training and coaching from Natalia Sarro.
- Expat Daily News, with editions for Central America and South America.
- Traveling4Health. Excellent resources for both medical tourists and expats.
Do you have a favorite expat blog (or blogs) that you would like to recommend? Just click the comment button below. We love new blog recommendations!
Thanks for the mention!
Tom, you’re totally welcome. 🙂
Thanks for these! I’m looking forward to checking these out.
Miss Footloose says
I love reading about the adventures of other expats. Hailing from the Netherlands, I’ve been blessed with a travel gene and find the world an infinitely fascinating place. I’ve lived in several exotic countries, but I keep discovering more places I want to live! I need another life!
Let me know if you find a way to manage that! 🙂
Balanced Melting Pot says
Thank you for the listing. The funny thing is that I heard about through another blog (Expat Alley). Such a small world, right? I now have an additional resource to share with readers. Thanks!!!
It’s my pleasure. Your blog presents a unique perspective, and I’m all in favor of unique. 🙂
Mary in India says
Wowowowow! So cool! I could lose some serious hours to my life reading all the awesome stuff here. I’m so happy to have found you!
Wish I’d found yall sooner! 😉
Hi, Mary, I just looked at your blog — interesting stuff. You mention you work for a non-profit in India, do you teach?
Ilene Little says
Thanks for adding us to your list! We intend to keep the information flowing about how expats are handling their medical, wellness and overall health care abroad.
Delighted to do so. You’re put together a great resource.
Keith Eckstein says
This is a great site – I wish I’d discovered it earlier.
You may wish to look at some of the blogs on my site http://www.aTasteOfGarlic.com (or even my own expat blog – http://www.BretonDiarycom)