A few days ago, I posted the results of International Living’s 2010 Annual Retirement Index. Topping this prestigious list are
Today I’m looking at a very different list: this one includes the 10 Most Suitable Countries for American Expatriates.
According to the website Expatify.com, they considered these important criteria:
- How receptive is the local culture to Americans?
- How popular is the country for American expats already?
- Can you manage speaking only English?
- Is there overlap between local and American customs?
- Ease of finding jobs and affodability?
If you truly want to immerse yourself in a very different culture, this is not the list of countries you should consider. But if you want to go someplace where you can fit in fairly easily, consider the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
[ad#Second Home In the sun]